July 9th, 2019, 17:53 Posted By: wraggster
After over a year since the last version, and having been teased since March, comes the latest update for RetroPie. The newest release brings RetroPie up to version 4.5, and adds a whole host of changes. Before you ask, no, this build does not
offer support for the just-released Raspberry Pi 4, though the development team is currently working to fix that. Some of the notable fixes and changes include updating RetroArch to v1.7.6, offering better Bluetooth support for those that use the DualShock 3, adding moonlight game streaming as an experimental module, and more, which can all be seen below in the official changelog.
- Dropped Raspbian/Debian Jessie support
- Raspberry Pi 3 A+ support (via Stretch firmware update)
- Many new es themes added
- Added Skyscraper (Scraper for Emulation Station game lists)
- RetroArch updated to v1.7.6
- Amiberry (Amiga emulator) updated to v2.25, including support for launching whdload and CD32 titles from ES.
- Jzintv (Intellivision emulator) updated to 20181225 release
- atari800 updated to v4.0.0
- Mupen64plus updated to latest version (GlideN64 stability and compatibility improved), as well as other changes.
- Fuse (ZX Spectrum emulator) updated to v1.5.7
- ZEsarUX (ZX Spectrum emulator) updated to v7
- advmame (Advance MAME arcade emulator) updated to v3.9
- Fixed building of quake3 for RPI.
- Added love-0.10.2 (2d Game Engine) for compatibility with older games.
- Dosbox updated to SVN r4194 including joystick fix for 360 controllers.
- CGenius updated to v2.3.1
- lr-flycast (libretro Dreamcast emulator) renamed from lr-reicast and enabled for arm platforms including the RPI.
- reicast Switched to updated upstream repository the latest code includes bugfixes and improvements including better game compatibility as well as our RPI fixes.
- lr-ppsspp switched to upstream repository for latest version
- lr-fbneo (Arcade and console emulator) renamed from lr-fblpha lots of improvements including neo geo cd support, and optional cyclone 68k core for better performance on slower devices for some games.The emulator can now be selected as an alternate emulator for Sega Genesis/Mastersystem/SG-1000, PC-Engine, MSX, ColecoVision and ZXSpectrum.
- Fixes and updates to many libretro cores
- Kodi updated to the 18 Leia release (only available in Raspbian Stretch)
- Improvements/fixes to joystick control in runcommand launch menu
- Fixes / Improvements to bluetooth pairing
- Added sixaxis driver better DualShock 3 controller support with full bluetooth coexistence
- Third-party (Shanwan/Gasia) controller support via customhidsony & custombluez drivers
- lr-mame2014 renamed to lr-mame2015
- Emulationstation updated to v2.8.4 which includes:
- 2 new scrapers added for the TheGamesDB and ScreenScraper. Also many bugfixes and improvements including:
- Gridview support now in main version
- Hide MAME bios files by default
- Graphical / rendering fixes
- Loading progress
- Allow using analog sticks for navigation
- More flexible audio configuration
- Lots of code refactoring, bugfixes and performance improvements, including removing boost libraries making compilation faster (and code smaller).
- Search and load artwork based on ROM name (image and video)
- Experimental scripting support, triggered by events.
- Added new experimental modules
- moonlight NVIDIA GameStream client
- steamlink Steam Link streaming client for Raspberry Pi 3
- jumpnbump multiplayer platform game
- mysticmine open source indie game
- bombermaaan Classic bomberman game
- lr-superflappybirds Multiplayer Flappy Bird Clone
- lr-scummvm libretro version of scummvm (Allows playing of many classic point and click adventures)
- lr-x1 Sharp X1 libretro core
- lr-redream Dreamcast emulator
- lr-pokemini Pokemon Mini emulator
- lr-81 Sinclair ZX81 emulator
- lr-quasi88 NEC PC-8801 emulator
- splitwolf 2-4 player split-screen Wolfenstein 3D / Spear of Destiny port
- lr-mupen64plus-next a new WIP Libretro core which aims to improve upon the existing lr-mupen64plus core.
Click to expand...
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 0 comments - Join In and Discuss Here