December 30th, 2009, 21:25 Posted By: wraggster
News via http://www.aep-emu.de/PNphpBB2-file-...c-t-14281.html
Hexen II: Hammer of Thyrion is a source port based on Hexen II and HexenWorld. Supported platforms are Linux, BSD, Mac OS X and Windows.
Hexen II: Hammer of Thyrion (uhexen2), CVS snapshot / pre-release,
Version 1.4.4-pre8 / Dec. 27, 2009
Changes since the HoT-1.4.3 release:
* bumped the hexen2 engine version to 1.22, and hexenworld engine version
* fixed the broken software renderer binaries from C++ compilers with x86
assembly enabled (do not use the bool keyword of C++).
* compilations using the new gcc-4.4 versions are tested and supported.
* added support for 64 bit windows versions (x64).
* added support for mingw-w64 compilers.
* added support for Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2008.
* filesystem: fixed an oversight with builds without user directories, where
the "-basedir" command line argument failed to change the internal userdir
* net: made the socket api usage compatible with windows especially with
relation to 64 bit windows.
* opengl: fixed an issue that changing resolution from within the game might
crash on Windows Vista.
* software renderer: fixed a long standing stack corruption bug which used
to cause alias models not to be drawn at all.
* stricter checking on the values pulled out of .wav file chunk headers.
* renamed model_t to qmodel_t in order to avoid conflicts on solaris.
* fixed the "mirrored prints" problem of hexen2 console at high resolutions.
* fixed the colored prints of hexenworld console.
* fixed ´array going out-of-bounds´ (utils/map.c) and bogus ´maybe used
uninitialized´ warnings (sbar.c) from gcc-4.3.
* fixes to the SVGALib driver. it is functional now.
* fixed bug #2176384: in windowed mode, when you save using the menus, the
game used to quit the menu without grabbing the mouse properly.
* slightly increased the buffersize for sdl audio. made it to print a little
more detailed info at startup.
* decreased the buffersize of sdlmidi driver from 4096 to 512 in addition to
several minor cleanups and fixes.
* launcher, patching: rewritten the inter-threads log printing and fixed the
erratic crashes on smp systems. launcher version is 1.0.4 now.
* hexenworld master server: unknown packets are properly output as hexdump.
hwmaster version is 1.2.6 now.
* other minor fixes.
* 3dfx gamma hacks are disabled by default at compile time (see the Makefile).
* killed compatibility with user directories from HoT-1.4.0 and earlier which
didn´t operate with a data1 subdirectory. they are ancient history now.
* added initial support for standalone free contents (mods) as an extra patch.
* added extra testing code to support midi when using sdl audio (extra patch).
* utils, qbsp: accept more than one wad file specified in the value of the
"wad" key. the wad file names must be separated by a semicolon. spaces are
allowed in the file names. quoted paths aren´t allowed.
* utils, qbsp: the absolute paths in wad values are not touched, ie. the paths
beginning with a ´/´ on unix or with a drive specifying string like
"C:fooar.wad" on windows. all other values with no path information or
relative path information are prefixed with the project path. this fixes the
issues reported for qbsp usage from within worldcraft.
* added back some unused code for future reference. removed some truly dead
* minor documentation tidy-ups.
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 1 comments - Join In and Discuss Here