September 22nd, 2009, 21:23 Posted By: wraggster
News via http://www.aep-emu.de/
Widelands is a free remake of the classic game The Settlers II with some added features.
The Widelands Development Team is proud to announce the immediate availability of Build14RC of Widelands. Widelands is a free, cross-platform strategy game in which players control the fate of a small tribe that can grow into a big empire, in a style of play that is unique in the open source world. Please visit our homepage, http://www.widelands.org/ , to learn more.
Some of the highlights of Build14RC are:
* an user interface to set up target quantities for all wares, to allow a better regulation of your tribe´s economy.
* basic internet gaming with lobby and chat. (!!alpha state!!)
* improved userinterface (now supporting nearly all resolutions).
* full tree cycle (trees are now seeding, growing and dieing themselves).
* improved game setup (different start types and the possibility to switch start positions).
* a basic autogeneration tool for random maps
* a basic message system (currently only showing new warehouses and resources)
* an improved computer player (still not good enough to be called "AI" face-wink.png )
* some new sounds
* some new songs
* some new maps including a completely new scenario mission.
* many new graphics and animations
As usual, there have been many more improvements to the usability and performance, as well as numerous gameplay improvements and bugfixes.
Widelands uses SDL as graphics and input library and is currently available for Linux/x86, Windows (32-bit) and in source code. Both binary and source packages are available from http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...group_id=40163
Simply download the binary package for your operating system and run the widelands executable! If your operating system is not supported, download a source package and try to compile it for yourself. See the homepage for the libraries you need to have installed.
If you like what you see, please visit our homepage, http://www.widelands.org/ You may also want to check the forums and our IRC channel, #widelands on Freenode, to arrange multiplayer games with other players.
We especially welcome every helping hand, even if you just want to contribute by helping us find bugs. Also translators for all languages are always needed. If you want to get even more involved in the further development of Widelands, you can subscribe to email@example.com on http://lists.sourceforge.net/mailman...delands-public to keep up with development on a daily basis.
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 0 comments - Join In and Discuss Here