Posted By: JKKDARK
New release of the NES emulator for Windows, Linux and other operative systems.
* Ported iNES to Unix using the new EMULib framework. I will try to compile the new iNES-Unix for as many Unix flavors as possible. At the moment, only Ubuntu Linux binaries are available.
* Ported iNES to Maemo OS2008 used in N800 and N810 internet tablets from Nokia. iNES-Maemo is specifically optimized for internet tablets using assembler modules from iNES-Symbian.
* Optimized 6502 emulation by collapsing infinite empty loops.
* Introduced more accurate per-scanline cycle counting.
* Once again, extended time before VBlank flag going up by 2 scanlines. This fixes F1 Race, Elite, etc.
* Moved mapper initialization after default initialization. This should fix MMC5 screen corruption that occurred in iNES 3.1.
* Fixed MMC3 scanline counter to remove garbage scanlines in Crystalis, GIJoe 2, Cartoon Workshop, etc.
* Finally fixed light gun ("zapper") emulation!
* Fixed FamiBASIC keyboard support on all platforms.
* Fixed FIRE-A autofire option in built-in menu.
* Fixed command line options for enabling/disabling sound.
* Added support, editing, and display for VS System DIP switches. Also see -dip command line option.
* Added -soft/-nosoft command line option and made softening, scanline simulation, and synchronization options work on all relevant platforms (Unix, Maemo, MSDOS).
* Removed -vperiod and -hperiod command line options, as these values are now computed automatically and do not need adjustment.
* Removed last occurances of #define SOUND. Sound support is always compiled in anyway.
* Made [F8] toggle scanline simulation, while [SHIFT]+[F8] toggles softening.
* Added standard VS System palette files to the package.
* Now drawing light gun aim and DIP switches using NES palette to avoid problems at different screen depths.
* Removed -novsync and -200 options from iNES-MSDOS, and added a new -480 option for 640x480 VESA screen mode.
* Fixed iNES-MSDOS light gun aim in 640x480 screen mode.
* The UIQ version of iNES-Symbian now uses 6502 emulation optimized in ARM assembler (this option has been left out in the last release).
* iNES-Symbian display routines rewritten in ARM assembler for speed. This should mainly affect UIQ3 users but S60 users will also benefit.
* Split iNES-Symbian configuration menu into four tabs, making "Video" and "Audio" settings separate.
* Added "Audio Latency", "Skip Frames", and "Sync Updates" settings to iNES-Symbian.
Download and give feedback via comments