February 17th, 2020, 20:01 Posted By: wraggster
Playnite v7.0 is released. Open source video game library manager and launcher with support for 3rd party libraries like Steam, GOG, Origin, Battle.net and Uplay. Including game emulation support, providing one unified interface for your games.
* Steam, Origin, GOG, Battle.net, Uplay support
* Import games from Steam, Origin, Battle.net, GOG and Uplay services including games that are not installed. You can also import Windows Store (UWP) games.
* Console Emulation support
* Import console games and run them through emulators.
* View options
* Choose from 3 different view options.
* Custom games
* Add any game or program with custom launch options.
* Automatic Update
* Application automatically updates to new version.
* Portable installation
* Run Playnite without need to install, with ability to run from any place, with option to configure database location for automatic sync via service like DropBox or Google Drive.
Playnite Planned Features
* "Big Picture" mode with controller support
* Fullscreen mode managed with controller.
* UI Customization
* Full support for skins and custom color pallets.
* Add additional launch options for legacy games
* To help managing and launching older games. Features like limit CPU cores, CPU speed fix, compatibility flags, automatic installation of 3d party wrappers etc.
* Plugin support
* Add additional functionality through easy scritping or fully fledged C# plugins.
* Xbox library integration
* Humble Bundle integration
* Option to auto-close 3rd party client after a game is closed
* Added game "Features" field
* Option to pull images from Google Image search when editing metadata
* Many improvements to extension SDK
* playnite:// URI scheme support
* Option to use new banner style backgrounds for Steam games metadata
* Option to update libraries in Fullscreen mode
* Option to start Epic games without the launcher
* Option to remove unused library game fields from Library Manager
* Option to darken covers of uninstalled games on Grid/Fullscreen view
* Option to add web links to extension manifests
* Keyboard shortcut (F6) to use Random game picker (by darklinkpower)
* Initial location of game executable file selection dialog is set to InstallDir
* Ignore uninstallers when importing executables
* Game variables can be used in game scripts
* Clicking on import error notification opens import settings
* Added quick edit button on game details view
* Ability to install extensions by dropping the extension archive file into main window
* Toolbox utility can generate plugins and scripts from templates
* Toolbox utility can pack script and plugin extensions into .pext files
* Steam VR games are properly labeled with VR features
* Twitch integration not working properly if Overwolf is installed
* Some keyboard shortcuts don't work properly
* Some games won't launch properly when using PowerShell game scripts
* Parts of UI are not themable
* List based game fields are not sorted in any particular order
* Grid view shows duplicated games if grouping is enabled
* Grid view doesn't work properly first time Playnite is started
* Game details view is not rendered properly in Fullscreen mode
* Favorite and Hidden states are not properly imported from Steam
* Emulator configuration UI doesn't work properly
* Crash when running games with garbage launcher/anticheat (like Zula)
* Crash when running game from mounted UNC drive
* Crash related to broken registry entries
* Controller buttons are too sensitive
* Bulk metadata download not working for some games
* Bad performance when using List view
* Authentication status is lost when signing into unrelated library
* Playnite fails to clean up temp files when assigning new game media
* Ignore color profile for game media to increase performance (by spektor56)
* Localization updates
* Various small improvements and fixes
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 0 comments - Join In and Discuss Here