December 19th, 2017, 21:25 Posted By: wraggster
Heres one ive never heard of before, so over to the news:
Playnite v3.1 is released. Open source video game library manager and launcher with support for 3rd party libraries like Steam, GOG, Origin, Battle.net and Uplay. Including game emulation support, providing one unified interface for your games.
* Steam, Origin, GOG, Battle.net, Uplay support
* Import games from Steam, Origin, Battle.net, GOG and Uplay services including games that are not installed. You can also import Windows Store (UWP) games.
* Console Emulation support
* Import console games and run them through emulators.
* View options
* Choose from 3 different view options.
* Custom games
* Add any game or program with custom launch options.
* Automatic Update
* Application automatically updates to new version.
* Portable installation
* Run Playnite without need to install, with ability to run from any place, with option to configure database location for automatic sync via service like DropBox or Google Drive.
Playnite Planned Features
* "Big Picture" mode with controller support
* Fullscreen mode managed with controller.
* UI Customization
* Full support for skins and custom color pallets.
* Add additional launch options for legacy games
* To help managing and launching older games. Features like limit CPU cores, CPU speed fix, compatibility flags, automatic installation of 3d party wrappers etc.
* Plugin support
* Add additional functionality through easy scritping or fully fledged C# plugins.
New: IGDB API key is now required for metadata download feature (configurable in Settings->Advanced)
New: Database upgrade rollback to prevent corrupting library when upgrading to new version
Fix: Modern theme fixes
Fix: Spelling errors in English localization
New: Support for custom themes #70 #71
New: New optional « Modern » theme
New: Translations support #23
New: Support for private Steam profiles #90
New: RetroArch support #119
New: Ability to assign tags #153
New: Option to change background image #238
New: Option to automatically download metadata for multiple games #129
New: Warning when removing platform or emulator in use #163
New: Show unsaved change indicator when editing game
New: Show progress when updating database to new version
New: Reworked display of notifcation messages
New: Option to remove game media
New: Ignore already imported ROMs when adding games via emulator (detection from folder) #172
New: GOG games import working without Galaxy client being installed #189
New: Generate default platforms for new databases #173
New: Games features automatically imported as tags #152
New: FCEUX emulator support #290
New: Added ZSnes emulator support #235
New: Custom sorting title can be set for each game #84
New: Button to clear all filters
New: Automatically remove trademark and copyright characters from game names #251
New: Added « uninstall » registry key content into diagnostic package
New: Ability to cancel global task progress
New: Added several new emulator profiles #291
New: Improved metadata download accuracy
New: Improved game name detection when importing emulated games
New: Simplified Chinese localization (thanks to L1cardo) #299
Fix: Steam installed games import fails in some cases
Fix: Steam and GOG default cover rework #36
Fix: Setting Crash #277
Fix: Release date cant be set in some cases #243
Fix: Prevent duplicated images being saved in database
Fix: Metadata download doesnt replace covers and icons when using official store source
Fix: GOG metadata localized to native language #250
Fix: Destiny 2 detection fix
Fix: Crashes and messaging when Internet connection is not available
Fix: Cannot filter installed and unintalled games at the same time
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 0 comments - Join In and Discuss Here