December 12th, 2018, 20:00 Posted By: wraggster
OpenEmu v2.0.8 is released. OpenEmu is an open source project to bring game emulation to OS X as a first class citizen, leveraging modern OS X technologies such as Cocoa, Core Animation and Quartz, and 3rd party libraries like Sparkle for auto-updating. OpenEmu is based on a modular architecture, allowing for game-engine plugins, this means OpenEmu can support a host of different emulation engines and back-ends while retaining a familiar OS X native front-end.
Currently OpenEmu can load the following game engines as plugins:
* Atari 2600 (Stella)
* Atari 5200 (Atari800)
* Atari 7800 (ProSystem)
* Atari Lynx (Mednafen)
* ColecoVision (CrabEmu)
* Famicom Disk System (Nestopia)
* Game Boy / Game Boy Color (Gambatte)
* Game Boy Advance (VBA-M)
* Game Gear (CrabEmu, TwoMbit)
* Intellivision (Bliss)
* NeoGeo Pocket (NeoPop)
* Nintendo (NES) / Famicom (FCEUX, Nestopia)
* Nintendo DS (DeSmuME)
* Nintendo 64 (Mupen64Plus)
* Odyssey˛/Videopac+ (O2EM)
* PC-FX (Mednafen)
* SG-1000 (CrabEmu)
* Sega 32X (picodrive)
* Sega CD / Mega CD (Genesis Plus)
* Sega Genesis / Mega Drive (Genesis Plus)
* Sega Master System (CrabEmu, TwoMbit)
* Sony PlayStation (Mednafen)
* Sony PSP (PPSSPP)
* Super Nintendo (SNES) (Higan, Snes9x)
* TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine (Mednafen)
* TurboGrafx-CD/PCE-CD (Mednafen)
* Virtual Boy (Mednafen)
* Vectrex (VecXGL)
* WonderSwan (Mednafen)
- Note: This is likely one of the last releases to support OS X 10.11.
- Added "Display Mode" change support to the HUD bar for display-related options, currently available for Atari 2600, Game Boy, Game Gear, NES, Nintendo DS, Virtual Boy.
- Added Next/Last Display Mode change hotkeys.
- Improved the UI to better fit macOS 10.14 Mojave native menus and system colors.
- Fixed case where a directional button could get stuck.
- Fixed a rare input-related crash.
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 0 comments - Join In and Discuss Here