February 22nd, 2018, 19:13 Posted By: wraggster
Heres a new release of Mednafen which supports a lot of game consoles:
Mednafen v1.21.0 is released. Mednafen is a multi-game-system emulator, for various platforms, including emulation of the following systems:Atari Lynx,Famicom,GameBoy (Color),GameBoy Advance,Neo Geo Pocket (Color), NES(both NTSC and PAL),PC Engine/TurboGrafx 16 (CD) and SuperGrafx,PC-FX,WonderSwan (Color).
Mednafen v0.9.48 Changelog:
* Migrated to SDL2(building from source requires 2.0.5+).
* An attempt to run an instance of Mednafen while another instance is already running with the same base directory is now blocked during startup, via a lock file; note that this check occurs after stdout and stderr are potentially redirected to stdout.txt and stderr.txt on Windows.
* Removed the "overlay" video driver.
* Changed the default value of setting "video.driver" from "opengl" to "default", removed the old "0" and "1" backwards-compatibility value aliases, renamed the "sdl" driver to "softfb"(without backwards-compat aliases), and made it so the setting's value will be reset to "default" after automatically importing settings from "mednafen-09x.cfg".
* Added setting "video.fs.display".
* Added settings "fps.autoenable", "fps.position", "fps.scale", "fps.font", "fps.textcolor", and "fps.bgcolor".
* Added support for pasting text into the cheat and netplay consoles.
* On Windows, Mednafen will now output text to a console if it's started from a console(e.g. cmd.exe or Cygwin), and if not, write to stdout.txt and stderr.txt like before.
* On Windows, error messages during startup will now be displayed in a popup message box.
* On Windows, Mednafen now uses Unicode variants of CRT and Win32 functions; this may require the user to update path settings and convert their CUE sheets to UTF-8 if filenames use exotic(e.g. not directly typable on a standard US-layout keyboard) characters.
* For key bindings relating to the debugger and cheat management interface, the Right ALT key modifier will no longer be respected(only the Left ALT has any effect now), for internationalization reasons.
* Configuration file is now named "mednafen.cfg" again, instead of "mednafen-09x.cfg"; if "mednafen.cfg" doesn't exist or is for an old version(earlier than 0.9.0) of Mednafen, the settings will be loaded from "mednafen-09x.cfg" on startup, but still saved to "mednafen.cfg" on exit.
* Reworked the input mapping setting format to be more human-readable(and editable). Details are in the documentation, in the "Advanced Usage" section. Old input mappings will be translated internally, except for keyboard mappings, due to incompatibilities between how SDL 1.2 and 2 handle keyboards.
* Added support for mapping joystick axes and buttons, mouse buttons, and keyboard keys to emulated mouse device relative motion for testing purposes(via manually editing the configuration file, as the in-emulator configuration process currently won't create such mappings).
* Added support for digital button input mappings that mix AND, ANDNOT, and OR-style operations together(previously it was either just AND or OR); refer to the documentation for more details. Note that the in-emulator configuration process won't create complex mappings that mix different boolean operations, but you can map combinations using simpler logic in-emulator, and then edit the configuration file to adjust the boolean operations used.
* Altered calculations involving *.xscale(fs)/*.yscale(fs) settings to be more predictable given floating point nuances; any user using non-integer scaling values for these settings may need to adjust them to get the same result as in previous versions of Mednafen, however.
* Fixed broken cheat file saving on MS Windows.
* PCE_FAST: Fixed fubared mouse emulation.
* PC-FX: Fixed integer overflows that caused fatal division by zero when Mednafen's cheat functionality was used(a regression introduced around 0.9.39).
* SS: Fixed a logic error in the BIOS sanity check code that caused it to throw a less helpful error message than intended in certain circumstances, and made the error messages related to BIOS file misconfiguration more verbose(and hopefully more helpful...).
* SS: Fixed at least one background layer graphical glitch in "Radiant Silvergun"(at the start of stage 2C).
* SS: Fixed the graphical glitch near the end of the intro in "Snatcher".
* SS: Added Japanese keyboard(HSS-0129) emulation.
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 0 comments - Join In and Discuss Here