November 27th, 2019, 21:50 Posted By: wraggster
MAME v0.216 is released. MAME stands for Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator. When used in conjunction with images of the original arcade game's ROM and disk data, MAME attempts to reproduce that game as faithfully as possible on a more modern general-purpose computer. MAME can currently emulate several thousand different classic arcade video games from the late 1970s through the modern era.
What's news in MAME:
MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
- 05177: [Crash/Freeze] (studio2.cpp) All studio2 variants: Memory map does not support cartridges larger than 1kB. (Robbbert)
- 05600: [Graphics] (popeye.cpp) popeye and clones: Games use interlaced video output. (Couriersud)
- 07386: [DIP/Input] (qix.cpp) zookeep, kram and clones: Unable to start game or use first coin slot. (O. Galibert)
- 07453: [DIP/Input] (spectrum.cpp) spectrum: Kempston Joystick doesn't work. (TwistedTom)
- 07472: [Crash/Freeze] (snes.cpp) snespal: When starting a game with SNES (PAL), MAME crashes. (Ryan Holtz)
- 07473: [Graphics] (snesb.cpp) All machines in snesb.cpp: Screen is black. (Ivan Vangelista)
- 07479: [Graphics] (cave.cpp) ddonpach, ddonpachj, donpacha: Graphical bug in attract mode. (cam900)
- 07480: [Sound] (apple2.cpp) mockingboard enabled software: No sound from second AY8913 Mockingboard. (Ivan Vangelista)
- 07487: [Core] (30test.cpp) 30test: Issues with inputs, sound and gameplay. (AJR)
- 07489: [Documentation] tekken4 and clones: Release year is incorrect. (PepsiBoy428)
- 07492: [DIP/Input] (ssrj.cpp) ssrj: Difficulty setting inputs are incorrect. (sasuke)
- 07495: [Crash/Freeze] (segas32.cpp) spidmanj: MAME crashes after few seconds of emulation. (Ryan Holtz)
- 07496: [Media Support] (apple2e.cpp) apple2e and clones: Error when trying to use .NIB disk images. (R. Belmont)
New working machines
Bit Corporation Bit90 [Frank Palazzolo]
Cane [Jean Paul Piccato, Adolfo Melilli, Alessandro Bolgia, Lorenzo Fongaro, Piero Andreini]
Game & Watch: Mario The Juggler [algestam, Mr. Do, Sean Riddle]
Game & Watch: Mickey Mouse (panorama screen) [algestam, Mr Jiggles the Christmas Man]
Orbite [Jean Paul Piccato, Adolfo Melilli, Alessandro Bolgia, Lorenzo Fongaro, Piero Andreini]
Pinball (P8002, ABL TV Game) [David Haywood, Morten Shearman Kirkegaard, Peter Wilhelmsen]
RS-232 DCE-DCE Bridge [Vas Crabb]
New working clones
Berzerk (revision RC31A) [Kevin Eshbach, The Dumping Union]
Cadillacs and Dinosaurs (bootleg with PIC16C57, set 3) [TwistedTom]
Captain Commando (bootleg with 2xMSM5205) [TwistedTom]
Cosmic Alien (version II, set 2) [f205v]
Eeekk! [Craig Anstett, Andrew Welburn]
Game & Watch: Donkey Kong Circus [algestam, Mr Jiggles the Christmas Man]
Heavy Unit (Japan, alternate ROM format) [Brian Troha, The Dumping Union]
JoJo's Venture (Euro 981202) [Darksoft]
JoJo's Venture (Euro 990108) [Darksoft]
JoJo's Venture (Euro 990128) [Darksoft]
Knights of the Round (bootleg with 2xMSM5205, set 2) [TwistedTom]
Operation Wolf 3 (Japan) [ShouTime, The Dumping Union]
Real Bout Fatal Fury / Real Bout Garou Densetsu (Korean release, bug fix revision) [jysx012]
Saturday Night Slam Masters (bootleg with PIC16c57, set 2) [TwistedTom]
Street Fighter II': Champion Edition (Dstreet-6, bootleg) [hammy, ClawGrip]
Street Fighter II': Champion Edition (L735 Test Rom, bootleg, set 2) [TwistedTom]
Super Dead Heat (Japan) [Phil Bennet]
Super Puzzle (Sang Ho Soft) [Adrian]
Verbena (bootleg of Carnival) [Recreativas.org]
Zenith Data Systems Z-150 series [rfka01]
Zenith Data Systems Z-160 series [rfka01]
Machines promoted to working
Ericsson Information System Ericsson PC [Edstrom]
Intec InterAct 8-in-1 [David Haywood, BeckyRGB]
Intec InterAct 32-in-1 [David Haywood, BeckyRGB]
Southwest Technical Products SWTPC 8212 Video Terminal [68bit]
Super Triv (English questions) [Ivan Vangelista]
Wanted (Sega) [Angelo Salese]
Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? (Play Vision, Plug and Play, UK) [David Haywood, Morten Shearman Kirkegaard, Peter Wilhelmsen]
New machines marked as NOT_WORKING
Air-Blaster Joystick (AB1500, PAL) [David Haywood, Morten Shearman Kirkegaard, Peter Wilhelmsen]
Ampro Computers Little Board/PC [Don Maslin Archive]
Ascom Eurit 30 [Cyberia/2 Filebase]
Ericsson Alfaskop Communication Processor 4101 [Edstrom]
Ericsson Alfaskop Display Unit 4110 [Edstrom]
Ericsson Alfaskop Flexible Disk Unit 4120 [Edstrom]
Fantasy Zone (medal game, REV.A) (J 990202 V1.000) [Sugoi Helsinki]
Fishing Master (971107 JPN) [SpinalFeyd, The Dumping Union]
Geonica Meteodata 1256 [ClawGrip]
Metabee Shot [SpinalFeyd, The Dumping Union]
Powerful Chance [SpinalFeyd, R. Belmont]
Rodent Exterminator [Brian Troha, Smitdogg, The Dumping Union]
Roland CM-32P [ValleyBell]
Silicon Graphics Inc Personal IRIS 4D/30 [Patrick Mackinlay]
Silicon Graphics Inc Personal IRIS 4D/35 [Patrick Mackinlay]
Sound Leisure MiniJook [SpinalFeyd]
Sound Leisure SuperStars (CD jukebox) [SpinalFeyd]
Vs Maxx Texas Hold'em TV Poker - 6 Player Edition (UK) [David Haywood, Morten Shearman Kirkegaard, Peter Wilhelmsen]
VTech DynamiDesk (Germany) [TeamEurope]
VTech Mis Primeras Lecciones (Spain) [ClawGrip]
Yu-Gi-Oh Monster Capsule [SpinalFeyd, R. Belmont]
New clones marked as NOT_WORKING
286 motherboards with Suntac ST62C303-A chipset [rfka01]
Abit AB-AH4 [rfka01]
Abit AB-PI4 [rfka01]
AEG Olympia Olystar 20F [rfka01]
Arstoria AS496 [rfka01]
Biostar MB-1433UCV [rfka01]
Channel Three [TeamEurope, Grull Osgo, Ivan Vangelista]
Chicago Cubs' Triple Play (German) [PinMAME]
Comus Instruments Ltd. Comus Daisy [Nigel Barnes, Centre for Computing History]
Corona Data Systems, Inc. Cordata PPC-400 [rfka01]
Eagle EAGLEN486 GC10A [rfka01]
First International Computer 486 KVD [rfka01]
Highscreen 486-25 [rfka01]
Leading Edge Hardware Products, Inc. Model D [rfka01]
Mephisto (Stargame) (newer?) [jordigahan]
NAT48PV-1.00 VL [rfka01]
Oba-Oba (old hardware) [PinMAME]
Philips NMS 9100 [rfka01]
Shuttle Computer International HOT-307H [rfka01]
Shuttle Computer International HOT-419 [rfka01]
SOYO SY-4SAW2 [rfka01]
Space Train (Pinball, old hardware) [PinMAME]
Tandy Radio Shack Videotex [cuba200611]
Video Technology PreComputer 2000 (Spain) [ClawGrip]
VTech Pitagorin [ClawGrip]
Wang Laboratories, Inc. PC-250/16 [rfka01]
New working software list additions
Certificates and More! (cleanly cracked), The Cosmic Balance (cleanly cracked),
Empire III: Armageddon (Version 1.1) (cleanly cracked), Fractions: Addition (cleanly cracked),
Labyrinth of Crete (cleanly cracked), Labyrinth: The Computer Game (Lucasfilm Games) (cleanly cracked),
MECC-A315 Freedom! (Version 1.0) (cleanly cracked), Questron (cleanly cracked), The Tournament Manager (cleanly cracked)
The Adventures of Kristen and Her Family (cleanly cracked), Korg 800 4-Track MIDI Sequencer (Version 1.0) (cleanly cracked),
Leadsheeter (cleanly cracked) MIDI/8 Plus (Version 1.2) (cleanly cracked), PolyWriter (Version 1.2) (cleanly cracked),
PolyWriter Utilities (Version 1.2) (cleanly cracked), [4am, san, Firehawke]
The Railroad Works (CBS Version) (cleanly cracked) [Tom Greene, Firehawke]
Anti-M (version 1.6) [4am, Firehawke]
Best of Muse (16 Sector + LC Patch) [Tom Greene, Firehawke]
Appilot Edu-Disk, Asteroid, Beneath The Pyramids, The Best of MUSE, Bloody Murder, Buck Rogers: Planet of Zoom, Checker King,
Deadline (Release 26 / 821108), Earthquake: San Francisco 1906, Empire III: Armageddon (Version 1.1), Flight Simulator I (A2-FS1),
Gammon Gambler, Gulf Strike, Hacker II: The Doomsday Papers, How The West Was One + Three x Four,
In Search of Space: Introduction to Model Rocketry, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom,
Indiana Jones in Revenge of the Ancients, Lane Mastodon vs. The Blubbermen, Law of the West, Little Computer People,
Lords of Conquest, Master of the Lamps, MicroChess (Version 2.0), Might and Magic Book Two, Pandora's Box, Pharaoh's Revenge,
Physics of Model Rocketry, Punctuation: Building Better Language Skills, Realm of Impossibility, Roadwar 2000 (Version 1.1),
Super Zaxxon, Video Vegas (Version 12501), Word Zapper [4am, Firehawke]
Acorn NFS 3.34B, Acorn TFS 0.31, Aries-B20 2.2, Aries-B20 2.4, Aries-B32 1.0, Prestel Terminal 1.00, Raven-20 1.00, Raven-20 1.06,
Watford Electronics 32K RAM 1.00, Watford Electronics 32K RAM 2.00, Watford Electronics 32K RAM 2.40, Workstation 100
Advanced Battery-Backed RAM v1.04, Advanced Battery-Backed RAM v1.10, Advanced Quarter Meg RAM, Click v1.00, Click v1.01,
ISO-Pascal, LISP, Master Mega 256, MR8000 Master RAM Cartridge, MR8000 Master RAM Cartridge (alt), TechnoCAD [Nigel Barnes]
3D Pinball, American 3D Pool, Angle Ball, Ball Crazy, Continental Circus, Feud, One Man and His Droid, Robocop,
Rockford / Back to Reality [archive.org, Zoe Blade]
gamegear: Sonic the Hedgehog Chaos (Euro, prototype 19930517) [Hidden Palace]
4 in 1 - S.Z.L.H + Colo + F1-2004 + Popper, 4 in 1 - Warrior + Cleverhawk + Valiant + MetalDeform ('APR 23 05', 512KB cartridge)
gameking3: Panzer [TeamEurope, AJR]
ibm5170: Kick Off 3: European Challenge, The Settlers, Syndicate [ArcadeShadow]
megadriv: Crying Dragon (Jpn, Prototype) [andlabs]
neogeo: Real Bout Fatal Fury / Real Bout Garou Densetsu (Korean release, bug fix revision) [jysx012]
sms: Sonic the Hedgehog Chaos (Euro, prototype 19930713) [Hidden Palace]
La Mode - 1984 (Programa Computado) [ClawGrip, avlixa, ICEknight]
DISCiPLE System Tape v3b [TwistedTom]
DISCiPLE System Disk v2, DISCiPLE System Disk v2b, DISCiPLE System Disk v2c, DISCiPLE System Disk v3a, DISCiPLE System Disk v3b,
DISCiPLE System Disk v3d, Pick-Poke-It, Plus D System Disk v2a, Uni-Dos [TwistedTom]
studio2: RCA demo [Robbbert]
visicom: Gambler I, Gambler II, Sansuu Drill, Space Command [unknown]
vsmile_cart: Spider-Man & Freunde - Geheime Missionen (Germany) [TeamEurope]
Software list items promoted to working
bbcm_cart: Master Smart Cartridge [Nigel Barnes, Center for Computing History]
4 in 1 - Chaser + Blaster + StarWars + Nagual, 4 in 1 - DraculaZone (Surf Eidolon) + Hero + PocketTank + Star Ghazi,
4 in 1 - SeaGuard + Whirlybird + Spectask + Captain, 4 in 1 - Three Battles + Light Sword + Risker + Metal Deform,
4 in 1 Vol. 8 - 2004 + Dragon + StreetHero + Penguin, 4 in 1 Vol. 10 - Soldier + Seatercel + General + Seafight,
4 in 1 Vol. 11 - Explorer + Magician + AirHero + HappyGarden, 4 in 1 Vol. 12 - Pet + Arrow + Fighter + Airforce,
4 in 1 Vol. 13 - Might + Brains + Catman + Armada, 2004, Adventure Legend Carlo, Aries, Dino Adventure Legend, Duck Man,
F1-2004 Racing, Feichuan VII, Happy Ball, Happy Killer, Lanneret, Penguin, Popper, Seatercel, Soldier, Street Hero, Supermotor,
Trojan Legend [AJR]
gameking3: Adventure, Urgent Action [AJR]
sms: Sonic the Hedgehog Chaos (Euro, "Ver 0.20", prototype 19930630) [Hidden Palace]
New NOT_WORKING software list additions
GoMMC Tools 0.72, GoMMC Tools 0.80, GoMMC Tools 1.03, Prestel Trial 4.71r, Super MMC, Turbo MMC 0.A1, UMI-2B 5.01 [Nigel Barnes]
picno: Anime Box, Fushigi no Kuni no Alice, Son Goku no Boken [Vyse the determined @ Gaming Sanctuary, SSJ, TeamEurope]
-swtpc8212.cpp updates: [68bit]
* Added MCM66750 character generator ROM, implemented video row update function, and added I/O.
* Converted to device so the terminal can be used as an RS-232 slot device as well as a stand-alone machine.
-swtpc8212.cpp, tv990.cpp: Cleaned up use of PORT_CHANGED_MEMBER macro. [68bit]
-mekd1.cpp, mekd3.cpp, mekd4.cpp and mekd5.cpp updates: [68bit]
* Added port changed handlers for RS-232 control signal routing options.
* Added save state support and cleaned up code.
-wd1000.cpp: Added save state support. [68bit]
-swtpc.cpp: Added port changed handler for CPU clock speed option, and cleaned up code. [68bit]
-swtpc09.cpp updates: [68bit]
* Added port changed handlers for CPU clock speed, floppy drive controller clock speed, and Baud rate options.
* Added save state support and cleaned up code.
-bus/ss50 updates: [68bit]
* dc5.cpp: Added port changed handlers for configuration options, added save state support, and cleaned up code.
* mps.cpp: Added port changed handlers for RS-232 control line routing options, added save state support, and cleaned up code.
* mps2.cpp: Organised Baud rate settings in ascending order.
* mpt.cpp, piaide.cpp: Added save state support and cleaned up code.
-qvt102.cpp updates: [68bit]
* Replaced perfect quantum setting by boosting interleave on keyboard data transmission.
* Improved keyboard matrix emulation, cleaned up code and added notes.
-cpu/rsp: Added 32-bit opcode alignment for disassembly. [AJR]
-cpu/m68000: Improved cycle counts for SCC68070, and further distinguished it from the MC68000 and MC68010. [AJR]
-cpu/m6502: Added preliminary Sitronix ST2204/ST2205U system-on-a-chip emulation. [AJR]
-gameking.cpp updates: [AJR]
* Fixed directional controls.
* Added gamekin3 LCD color filter emulation, and corrected clock speed based on timer initialization.
-cpu/i86: Fixed pathological case where jumping into pages of 0xFF-prefixed invalid opcodes could cause MAME to lock up. [AJR]
-cpu/f8: Moved internal scratchpad register memory to an address space. [AJR]
-cpu/nec updates: [AJR]
* Implemented v5x internal/external timer clock input selection.
* Internalized CPU clock divider for V40/V50.
-mc68hc11 updates: [AJR]
* Added internal clock divider.
* Fixed size of fetched operand for ADDD indexed modes.
* Emulated FDIV instruction.
-cpu/m6502: Corrected 65C02 opcode timing and bus usage. [AJR]
* BBR and BBS use one or two extra cycles when the branch is taken (like other conditional branches).
* TRB and TSB perform an extra read of the operand instead of an extra write.
-ms32.cpp: Fixed hayaosi3 final round and flame text priorities. [Angelo Salese]
-Added option to throttle after video update rather than before (-lowlatency or -lolat). [Antonio Giner]
* Reduces input latency when enabled, but may cause input latency and frame interval jitter for some emulated systems.
-Updated to latest upstream bgfx, bx and bimg, and updated shaders to use of helper function ensuring correct matrix orientation.
-snes_ppu.cpp: Ported over more of the bsnes ppu-fast implementation - fixes many bugs, possibly causes more. [byuu, Ryan Holtz]
-315_5124.cpp, 315_5313.cpp, megaplay.cpp: Added support for scaling layers to least common multiple horizontal resolution. [cam900]
* Corrects size/position of MegaPlay overlay.
-315_5124.cpp: Updated color palette based on hardware measurements, and added notes. [cam900]
-es5506.cpp: Implemented differences between ES5505 and ES5506 based on documentation, and cleaned up code. [cam900]
-cpu/nec/v5x.cpp: Moved re-mappable I/O handlers into a separate address space, and fixed re-mapping behavior. [cam900]
-mb8421.cpp: Added support for similar devices with different address and data widths. [cam900]
* Updated twinkle.cpp and firebeat.cpp to use new CY7C131 device.
* Added placeholder IDT7130 device to esqmr.cpp.
-tmap038.cpp: Fixed tile size check and moved mirroring into driver-supplied address maps (fixes MT07479). [cam900]
-bgfx renderer updates: [Couriersud]
* Added support for disabling waiting for vertical blanking interval to bgfx Vulkan back-end.
* Fixed issue that could prevent brightness, contrast and gamma adjustments from being applied.
-OpenGL renderer updates: [Couriersud]
* Fixed issue that could prevent brightness, contrast and gamma adjustments from being applied.
* Fixed failure to apply line width.
-Netlist library updates: [Couriersud]
* Added more C preprocessor features to netlist preprocessor, including macro parameters, stringification and token concatenation.
* Improved reporting of error location in netlist preprocessor.
* Added ability to supply the floating point type as a solver parameter.
* Added RELTOL and VNTOL solver parameters to control Newton convergence checks.
* Started adding support for parameter values containing expressions.
* Removed proxy and power terminal hacks and updated netlists as necessary.
* Removed DUMMY_INPUT (NC_PIN should be used in its place).
* Enabled extended validation to catch unconnected power terminals, and fixed errors this exposed.
* Added const and noexcept qualifiers as appropriate, and removed dead code.
* Added vector output support to fixed frequency screen device.
-nltool updates: [Couriersud]
* Added --fperr option to enable floating point exceptions (useful when debugging code in GDB).
* Added preliminary documentation mode.
-starfield_05xx.cpp: Added notes about Wolfgang and Jindrich's equivalent Galois LFSR implementation. [Couriersud]
-pong.cpp: Improved performance in pongf and rebound, and switched nl_pongf to dynamic time stepping. [Couriersud]
-sliders.cpp: Added support for PORT_CONDITION on PORT_ADJUSTER inputs, allowing inapplicable sliders to be hidden. [Couriersud]
-popeye.cpp: Added support for interlaced rendering (addresses MT05600). [Couriersud]
-Elan EU3A05/EU3A14 updates: [David Haywood]
* Split up implementations and started identifying common features.
* Fixed non-split mode horizontal scrolling.
* Disabled timer when running rad_bb3 (timer enable needs to be identified).
-nes_vt.cpp: Split up state classes, moved VT1682-based games to a separate driver, and cleaned up code. [David Haywood]
-vii.cpp updates: [David Haywood]
* Added preliminary LCD controller, UART and player input emulation for sentx6p.
* Added a hack to allow tvgogo to proceed further.
-vt1682.cpp updates: [David Haywood]
* Added preliminary video emulation, including sprites, X/Y scrolling and raster effects.
* Hooked up sound CPU and added preliminary sound support.
* Added preliminary inputs (works for ii32in1).
-cpu/i86/i86.cpp: Disabled warning message when executing instructions with lock (0xf0) prefix. [Edstrom]
-z80sio.cpp: Verified sync byte behavior in SDLC/HDLC mode, and improved logging. [Edstrom]
-i8251.cpp: Improved initialization, fixing spurious framing error on reset. [Edstrom]
-eispc.cpp updates: [Edstrom]
* Added preliminary 8-bit ISA card for IBM terminal emulation.
* Added keyboard LEDs and fixed keyboard communication, removing the need for workarounds.
* Improved Ericsson High-resolution Monochrome Graphics Board 1070 emulation.
* Fixed parallel printer port configuration.
-alfaskop41xx.cpp: Added three skeleton drivers for various parts of the Ericsson Alfaskop 41 system. [Edstrom]
* The Display Unit 4110 prints a boot prompt but that's it.
-hp_ipc.cpp: Fixed 1LL3 GPU emulation bug that caused the cursor and sprites to disappear at the top and left-hand side of screen.
-Simplified implementation of HP-80, HP-9825 and HP-9845 optional ROM slot emulation (GitHub #5839). [F.Ulivi]
-sn76477.cpp: Improved WAV logging enable conditions and file naming. [Jean Paul Piccato]
-cpu/sh: Implemented SH-2 watchdog timer. [MetalliC]
-315_5649.cpp: Filled out additional features for future use. [MetalliC]
-aviio.cpp: Fixed potential out-of-bounds access when the processed sound samples fill the sound sample buffer. [Nathan Woods]
-bbc.cpp updates: [Nigel Barnes]
* Replaced ROM/RAM banks with handlers to allow access from internal expansion boards.
* Added slot interface for internal expansion boards.
* Removed the Sideways RAM configuration option in favour of internal expansion board options.
* Made empty BBC Master cartridge sockets return video data on data bus.
* bbcb: Added many internal ROM/RAM expansion boards from Aries, ATPL, Computech, Peartree, Solidisk, and Watford Electronics.
* bbcbp: Added ATPL Sidewise+ internal expansion board.
* bbcm: Added Morley Master 'AA' and Vine Micros Overlay internal expansion boards.
* bbcm: Added Slogger Click, Solidisk Mega 256, Peartree MR8000, and Master Smart Cartridge devices.
* bbcb: Added the Robin Voice Box user port device.
* bbcb: Added Morley Electronics RAM Disc and PMS 64K Non-Volatile Ram Module 1MHz bus devices.
* autoc15: Replaced HD6845 CRT controller with HD6345 (required for smooth scrolling).
* autoc15: Added Autocue RAM disc device.
-electron: Added Wizard Sidewinder Rom Expansion Board. [Nigel Barnes, Binary Dinosaurs]
-bbcm: Added Solidisk PC-Plus co-processor. [Nigel Barnes, Centre for Computing History]
-cpu/dsp56000: Added disassembler for Motorola DSP56000. [Patrick Mackinlay]
-apple2gs.cpp: Emulated implementation detail of Language Card inhibit in bank 01 that Music Construction Set depends on.
[Peter Ferrie, R. Belmont]
-macOS support updates: [R. Belmont]
* Added workaround for issues with Retina displays on macOS 10.15 Catalina.
* Changed default render module from OpenGL to bgfx in macOS builds.
-Report SDL-provided GUID as stable controller ID when using SDL joystick provider module. [R. Belmont]
-8080bw.cpp: Fixed selection of game B in jspecter. [Robbbert]
-studio2.cpp: Fixed problem loading cartridges in visicom - all software list games now work. [Robbbert]
-galaga.cpp: Re-implemented starfield emulation based on reverse-engineering of the Namco 05xx chip. [Robert Hildinger]
* Fixes a number of regressions, and addresses corner cases.
-bus/bml3: Added Hitachi Real Time Clock card. [Russell Bull]
-snes_ppu.cpp: fixed rapid vertical scrolling in rexronan and other games. [Ryan Holtz]
-bgfx renderer fixes: [Ryan Holtz]
* Fixed crash on emulated screen resolution changes (GitHub #5857).
* Fixed assertion failure on starting LaserDisc games (GitHub #5830).
* Fixed screen color (tint) not being applied and issues with brightness/contrast/gamma sliders (GitHub #5956).
* Fixed incorrect display of YUV video in LaserDisc games when using the OpenGL back-end (GitHub #5961).
-screen.cpp: Only clear or allocate scan bitmaps in excess of the previous height. [Ryan Holtz]
* Fixes blank portions of snes smw2u, and possibly others.
-rainbow.cpp: Separated Model A and Model B into separate machine definitions rather than compile-time options. [Ryan Holtz]
-sun4 updates: [Ryan Holtz]
* cgsix: Added support for hardware cursor, pattern register, plane mask register, and pixel mask register.
* sun4c_mmu.cpp: Made generic to support sun4 MMU mode, cleaned up save state registrations, and removed redundant MMU code.
* sun4.cpp: Split sun4 and sun4c machines into separate derived state classes.
* cgsix: Hooked up SBus vertical sync interrupts.
* cgsix: Added vertical sync interrupt, added THC MISC register, and cleaned up save state registrations.
-sparc.cpp: Renamed MB86901 to SPARCV7, and added a separate class for SPARCV8. [Ryan Holtz]
-bt45x.cpp: Made logmacro.h usage more consistent. [Ryan Holtz]
-k007232.cpp, multipcm.cpp: Added compile-time option to log samples in WAV format. [Ryan Holtz]
-netlist: Added 7492 divide-by-twelve counter and 7442 4-line BCD to 10-line decimal decoder. [Ryan Holtz]
-CPS-1 and bootleg updates: [TwistedTom]
* Added C-board PAL dumps for mercs, mercsu, mercsur1, mercsj, sf2ee and sf2ue.
* Fixed player 4 inputs and most graphical issues in slampic bootleg.
* Added more DIP switch settings for sf2amf2/sf2amf3.
* Separated some bootlegs into derived state classes and separate source files (cps1bl_pic.cpp, fcrash.cpp).
* Confirmed clocks for some games.
* Added placeholders for undumped PALs/GALs used in Street Fighter II': Champion Edition Mstreet-6 bootlegs.
-wd_fdc.cpp: Made WD1772 spin up drives on force interrupt command (GitHub #5893). [TwistedTom]
-ZX Spectrum updates: [TwistedTom]
* Fixed Kempston Joystick and Didaktik Melodik sound card.
* Fixed Multiface One NMI clearing, and added support for Kempston Joystick port, disable switch and joystick disable jumper.
* Implemented floating bus read behaviour, fixing a few games that rely on it.
* Added support for Miles Gordon Technology DISCiPLE Multi-purpose Interface and +D Disk and Printer Interface.
-General refactoring and modernisation: [Vas Crabb]
* Changed device delegates to behave more like device callbacks and other object finders during configuration.
* Eliminated a conditional branch from the hot path when invoking a delegate set to a member function pointer.
* Changed emu_fatalerror constructor and fatalerror helper to use string_format semantics.
* Improved semantics of scheduler quantum configuration.
* Micro-optimised scheduler code to improve performance of systems making heavy use of timers.
* Moved input sequence configuration helpers out of the core input manager to a front-end helper class.
* Got rid of device_slot_card_interface (it provided little value), and added a helper template providing validation for slots.
* Cleaned up a lot of bus/slot/card code.
-Fixed memory leaks in Xbox USB emulation. [Vas Crabb]
-Added a workaround for nanosvg making assumptions about the global locale. [Vas Crabb]
-vboy.cpp: Re-wrote Virtual Boy cartridge slot emulation, improving accuracy of static RAM emulation in particular. [Vas Crabb]
-c64.cpp, c128.cpp: Fixed CBM IEC slot address not being set when replacing devices in machine configuration. [Vas Crabb]
-bus/c64/rex_ep256.cpp: Fixed array of EPROM slot devices not being populated. [Vas Crabb]
-Internal user interface updates: [Vas Crabb]
* Added live display of emulated analog control positions to the analog controls menu.
* Added live feedback to the input configuration menus, and improved input sequence configuration behaviour.
* Fixed regression that caused default input mappings to be displayed incorrectly.
* Improved layout of DIP switch display and made it scale with UI font size.
* Improved crosshair image selection user interface.
* Separated "focus next" and "config menu" actions, and implemented "focus previous" action.
* Fixed bug that prevented joystick or mouse inputs from being used for "focus next" action.
* Fixed some cases where menu heading size was not re-calculated after UI font size changes.
* Fixed a bug that allowed keyboard focus to move to hidden panels on the system/software selection menus.
* Improved presentation and responsiveness of a number of menus.
* Fixed endian issues, improved data locality, and reduced redundant copying and hashing in the localisation loader.
* Added and diagnostic output messages and validation of input data to localisation loader.
* Improved performance of opening debugger windows, particularly memory windows with a large number of save state registrations.
* Made new disassembly windows default to the current CPU in the Qt debugger.
-Removed internal auto-fire functionality, as the plug-in is the preferred solution (GitHub #5802). [Vas Crabb]
-wavwrite.cpp: Fixed buffer overrun when supplying 32-bit stereo samples. [Vas Crabb]
-util/options.cpp: Fixed settings being read with user locale but written with C locale. [Vas Crabb]
* Fixes system/software selection menu filter panel not being displayed on macOS depending on number format settings.
-cinemat.cpp: Corrected ROM labels for solarq. [Andrew Welburn]
-mephisto_modular.cpp: Added an older version of berl16. [CB-Emu]
-Added firmware dump and skeleton device for Sony SMO-C501 Magneto-Optical Disk Controller. [Don Maslin Archive]
-flstory.cpp: Added DIP switch locations. [Guru]
-cps1.cpp: Dumped some GALs used in Street Fighter II': Champion Edition Mstreet-6 bootlegs. [hammy, TwistedTom]
-rocnrope.cpp: Dumped the PAL10L8 at location 6G for ropeman. [Joe Magiera]
-gamegear.xml: Improved title consistency and capitalization. [kazblox]
-votrpss.cpp: Improved ROM labels and expanded notes. [Lord Nightmare]
-cps1bl_5205.cpp, cps1bl_pic.cpp: Added parent/clone relationships for newly added bootlegs. [MASH]
-at.cpp: Added additional BIOS options. [rfka01]
* a486sp3g: Added v306 BIOS option.
* a486sp3: Added v306 and v307 BIOS options.
* a486sv2g: Added v306 and v402b BIOS options.
* alim1419: Added 386acp102 BIOS option.
* hot433: Added wie10 and 2a4x5h21 BIOS options.
-genpc.cpp: Added 081682 BIOS option for pc. [rfka01]
-flstory.cpp: Dumped MC68705 microcontroller for victnine and replaced simulation. [ShouTime, David Haywood, Lord Nightmare]
-gameking.xml updates: [TeamEurope, David Haywood]
* Re-dumped 4 in 1 Vol. 8 - 2004 + Dragon + StreetHero + Penguin.
* Removed bad dump of Dino Adventure Legend, and marked half-size dumps of 4-in-1 cartridges as bad.
* Added cartridge connector pinout.
-gameking3.xml: Corrected title of "Fly Car". [TeamEurope]
-Added workaround to allow cross-compilation for an i386 target on an x86-64 host. [Tiago Pierezan Camargo]
-c64_cass.xml: Cleaned up publisher metadata. [Zoe Blade]
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 0 comments - Join In and Discuss Here