January 23rd, 2018, 22:46 Posted By: wraggster
If you like playing DOS Games this is the software for you, heres whats new in this release:
DOSBox-X (2018/01/21) is released. DOSBox-x is a branch of DOSBox v0.74. DOSBox emulates an Intel x86 PC, complete with sound, graphics, mouse, joystick, modem, etc., necessary for running many old MS-DOS games that simply cannot be run on modern PCs and operating systems, such as Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Linux and FreeBSD.
* The Windows maximize button no longer triggers fullscreen mode.
* Direct3D, OpenGL, and Surface outputs updated to fill the window
in Windows builds when the window is maximized. If aspect
correction is enabled, the Direct3D and OpenGL outputs will
scale the DOS screen (with pillarbox/letterbox padding) to the
correct aspect ratio and center within the maximized window.
* Fixed minor memory leak in MT32 (MUNT) synthesizer usage.
* Fixed uninitialized state issues with DMA channel 4 (cascade).
* IMGMOUNT now allows mounting the El Torito bootable floppy image
of a CD-ROM drive as a drive letter and accessible (read only)
filesystem. The FAT filesystem driver was fixed to support working
from sources other than a direct file.
* PC-98 mode fixed not to register certain built-in commands and
binaries to drive Z:\ that are not compatible with PC-98 mode.
MEM.EXE in particular uses IBM PC-specific techniques to gather
it's information, and is therefore incompatible with PC-98 mode.
This can be verified from the source code as MEM.EXE was evidently
borrowed from the FreeDOS project.
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 0 comments - Join In and Discuss Here