February 8th, 2018, 22:30 Posted By: wraggster
Heres a new version of the fork of the Dos emulator DOSbox, heres the release notes:
DOSBox ECE SVN r4074 is released. This is a Enhanced Community Edition. DOSBox emulates an Intel x86 PC, complete with sound, graphics, mouse, joystick, modem, etc., necessary for running many old MS-DOS games that simply cannot be run on modern PCs and operating systems, such as Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Linux and FreeBSD. However, it is not restricted to running only games. In theory, any MS-DOS or PC-DOS (referred to commonly as "DOS") application should run in DOSBox, but the emphasis has been on getting DOS games to run smoothly, which means that communication, networking and printer support are still in early development.
DOSBox ECE differs from normal DOSBox in these features:
* Emulation of a 3Dfx Vooodoo card through OpenGL (No external Glide wrapper needed!)
* 4x, 5x and 6x scaling in windowed mode is possible
* Pixel-perfect output mode for undistorted scaling of the picture
* Improved emulation of OPL3 (a FM sound synthesis chip from Yamaha)
* Improved sound of PC speaker emulation
* Emulation des Roland MT-32-Midisynthesizers
* Integration of Fluidsynth (a software MIDI synthesizer with Soundfont support)
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 0 comments - Join In and Discuss Here