December 15th, 2017, 23:57 Posted By: wraggster
Heres an unofficial version of the excellent Multi Arcade Emulator MAME:
AdvanceMAME v3.6 is released. AdvanceMAME is an unofficial MAME version with advanced video support for use with TVs, Arcade Monitors, Fixed Frequencies Monitors, and also for PC Monitors. The AdvanceMAME package from now on also contains AdvanceMESS and AdvanceMENU.
* Automatic creation of perfect video modes with the correct size and clock.
* A lot of video boards supported. See the GNU/Linux, DOS and Windows card list.
* Support for 8, 15, 16 and 32 bits video modes.
* Real hardware scanlines.
* Software video image stretching by fractional factors, for example to play vertical games like "Pac-Man" with horizontal Arcade Monitors or TVs.
* Special scale, lq and hq effects to improve the aspect with modern PC Monitors. See Scale2x and hq3x pages for examples.
* Special blit effects to improve the image quality in stretching. See Blit Effetcs for examples.
* Special rgb effects to simulate the aspect of a real Arcade Monitor See Rgb Effetcs for examples.
* Change of the video mode and other video options at runtime. See the Snapshots.
* Support of Symmetric Multi-Processing (SMP) with a multiple threads architecture in Linux.
* Sound and Video recording in WAV, PNG and .MNG files.
* Multiple mice support in Linux, DOS, Windows 2000 and Windows XP.
* Automatic exit after some time of inactivity.
* Scripts capabilities to drive external hardware devices like LCDs and lights.
* Textual configuration files.
* Help screen describing the user input keys.
AdvanceMAME v3.6 Changelog:
* Fixed Linux ALSA sound jitter increasing the number of periods.
* Fixed screen size computation using backdrops.
* Disabled by default in the source distribution the MIPS DRC emulator
because it makes various games to crash. Like biofreak, blitz,
calspeed, carnevil, kinst and others...
It was already disabled in the binary releases from version 3.0.
download - http://www.advancemame.it/
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 0 comments - Join In and Discuss Here